home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

BIELSZOWICE

          

 

The beginnings of Bielszowice are not known, the settlement had probably been in the place already at the turn of the 13th century. The place takes its name either from Bielcza, the stream known nowadays as Kochłówka (Potok Bielszowicki), or from bleaching linen in the meadows by the stream. The first documented mention of the district comes from 1472 and names the owner of the village, Maciej Bielczowicki the Elder. In 1620, the area of Bielszowice contained three manors. This was due to the fact that at the time there were three owners of the settlement: Jerzy Rajski, Jerzy Bielczowski and Małgorzata Przyszowska. In 1689, Bielszowice became the property of the Rogowski family of Rogoźnik, and towards the end of the 17th century it came under the rule of Wacław Leopold Rajski. Then, half of the estate was purchased by Wilhelm Sobek around the year 1700. The owner of Bielszowice changed again in the middle of the 18th century, when the place was bought by Baron Jarosław Foglar, the owner of Paniówki and Chudów. As part of the Prussian Colonisation, in 1774 the colonies of Kończyce and Pawłów Górny, and in 1777 that of Pawłów Dolny, were established in the area of Bielszowice. In the 18th century, Bielszowice was owned by the families of Wilczek and Bobrowski. In the 19th century, it was under the rule of, in turn, the Blanowski family, Aleksander de Bally, Herman Robert de Brase, and since 1854 of Count Hugo Henkel von Donnersmarck. Its next owner was Samuel Hoffman, who kept Bielszowice until 1873 and then sold the grounds to the Kramsta family. Subsequently, it was purchased by Rudolf Pringsheim, the owner of horsecars, and in 1891 it was taken over by the Prussian Treasury. In 1922, Bielszowice passed under the wings of the State Treasury of the resurgent Polish state. In 1951, it was incorporated into Nowy Bytom and finally in 1959 into the city of Ruda Śląska.
A zinc smelter named Deutsche Hütte was built in the area in 1805, and the years 1896-1904 saw the construction of a coal mine which exists until this day. Towards the close of the 19th century, Bielszowice, rather than being a dense settlement, consisted of a loose patchwork of settlements and hamlets, connected by belonging to one territorial parish.

 

THE TOURIST ROUTE

 

HISTORIC BUILDINGS IN THE DISTRICT*

*The table includes only selected historic objects from the area of district

home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

 

www.rudaslaska.pl

WAŻNE: UŻYTKOWANIE WITRYNY OZNACZA ZGODĘ NA WYKORZYSTYWANIE PLIKÓW COOKIE. SZCZEGÓŁOWE INFORMACJE W POLITYCE PRYWATNOŚCI