home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

BYKOWINA

          

 

Until the end of the 17th century Bykowina was a hamlet of Kochłowice. The beginnings of the settlement in the area were closely linked to the quarry, active until the 20th century. The date when the commune of Bykowina was established is unknown. A surviving image of the Bykowina commune seal dates back to 1789, thus it was most certainly before that year. It depicts a hill with a drift entrance and a tree growing upon it. In Prussia to own a coat of arms was to be legally independent, therefore it should be supposed that Bykowina was by then already independent of Kochłowice. In 1825, a zinc smelter named Turzo was built in Bykowina, and it was open until 1919. After the Silesian Uprisings, Bykowina was solemnly taken over by the Polish authorities on 20 June 1922. Bykowina was incorporated into Nowy Bytom in 1951, and in 1959 it became one of the districts of Ruda Śląska.

 

THE TOURIST ROUTE

 

HISTORIC BUILDINGS IN THE DISTRICT*

*The table includes only selected historic objects from the area of district

home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

 

www.rudaslaska.pl

WAŻNE: UŻYTKOWANIE WITRYNY OZNACZA ZGODĘ NA WYKORZYSTYWANIE PLIKÓW COOKIE. SZCZEGÓŁOWE INFORMACJE W POLITYCE PRYWATNOŚCI