home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

CHEBZIE

          

 

The beginnings of the settlement in the area were connected with the establishing in the 1820s of two steelworks, named Gute Hoffnung and Morgenroth. Houses for workers were built in the vicinity of the plants, which resulted in creating two separate settlements. In 1843, Morgenroth owned 12, and Gute Hoffnung 16 buildings. Both steelworks were active until 1871. The chief mine in Chebzie at the time was that named Paweł, granted in 1842. However, the most important moment in the history of the district of Chebzie was the opening of the railway from Gliwice to Świętochłowice in 1845. The railway stop was situated in the centre of Chebzie, opposite the tavern. Both the stop and the commune officially received the name Morgenroth. The construction of the railway station in the district began in 1859. It increased the possibilities of transporting the coal and zinc, and turned Chebzie into a significant junction point. A housing estate was built for the railwaymen in 1902-1914, and it consisted of 32 houses located in today’s ul. Dworcowa, Przedtorze and Zabrzańska.

 

THE TOURIST ROUTE

 

HISTORIC BUILDINGS IN THE DISTRICT*

*The table includes only selected historic objects from the area of district

home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

 

www.rudaslaska.pl

WAŻNE: UŻYTKOWANIE WITRYNY OZNACZA ZGODĘ NA WYKORZYSTYWANIE PLIKÓW COOKIE. SZCZEGÓŁOWE INFORMACJE W POLITYCE PRYWATNOŚCI