home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

CZARNY LAS

          

 

For several hundred years today’s Czarny Las was covered with a thick forest, providing the inhabitants of Bytom with firewood and timber. For years it functioned as a Gutsbezirk (Prussian administrational unit), and then as Bytom’s hunting grounds. Until the middle of the 18th century it was a forest enclave of little economic importance. The value of the area rose when coal mining began in the region. The inhabitants of Bytom first applied to the authorities for a mining permit in 1776. In the years 1899-1902 the Friedensgrube (“Peace”) mine was built, which provided an impulse for an intense development of the settlement in the area. The district was separated from Bytom only in 1922, after the results of the plebiscite. Czarny Las was then incorporated into the Nowy Bytom commune. On the 12 January 2006, the Ruda Śląska City Council passed the law N° 954/LIII/2006 under which the historical area of Czarny Las was sectioned off from Nowy Bytom and Wirek and thus became the 11th district of Ruda Śląska.

 

THE TOURIST ROUTE

 

HISTORIC BUILDINGS IN THE DISTRICT*

*The table includes only selected historic objects from the area of district

home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

 

www.rudaslaska.pl

WAŻNE: UŻYTKOWANIE WITRYNY OZNACZA ZGODĘ NA WYKORZYSTYWANIE PLIKÓW COOKIE. SZCZEGÓŁOWE INFORMACJE W POLITYCE PRYWATNOŚCI