home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

WIREK

          

 

Nowa Wieś was first mentioned towards the end of the 16th century, which is probably when it was founded. A small village settlement until the end of the 18th century, Nowa Wieś expanded and gradually became more urbanised with the development of industry. Its urban beginnings date back to 1802 when the Błogosławieństwo Boże mine was established. The closeness of coal extraction soon led to the setting up of three large steelworks in the district: Antonina, Hugo and Liebe-Hoffnung. In 1828, the area of Wirek was separated from Nowa Wieś commune and became an independent commune which existed until 1870 when Wirek was transformed into a Gutsbezirk (Prussian administration unit). All of the areas were united in 1949 to form the Wirek commune which was granted town privileges and which in 1951 was incorporated into Nowy Bytom.

 

THE TOURIST ROUTE

 

HISTORIC BUILDINGS IN THE DISTRICT*

*The table includes only selected historic objects from the area of district

home  ׀   town history  ׀   monuments   ׀  trials  ׀   monuments 3D  ׀   contact

 

www.rudaslaska.pl

WAŻNE: UŻYTKOWANIE WITRYNY OZNACZA ZGODĘ NA WYKORZYSTYWANIE PLIKÓW COOKIE. SZCZEGÓŁOWE INFORMACJE W POLITYCE PRYWATNOŚCI